If you’re wondering, “How much money do surrogates make,” you’ve come to the right place. This guide will explain how base compensation works, what type of reimbursement surrogates receive, and why surrogates choose to embark on this enriching journey.
Contact us today to learn more about surrogate compensation and to find out how you can start your surrogacy journey. We’re ready to connect you with one of our skilled surrogacy specialists who will help you find the right adoptive family and ensure you get the most competitive compensation package possible.
How Much Money Do Surrogates Make?
Women who serve as gestational carriers with American Surrogacy can earn anywhere from $45,000 to $75,000 for their time and services.
Our agency breaks down our base compensation payment structure in the following way:
- How Much Money Do Surrogates Get for Their First Surrogacy?: First-time surrogates have never served as gestational carriers and can earn anywhere from $45,000 to $75,000.
- How Much Money Do You Make Being a Surrogate for the Second or Third Time? Repeat surrogates have already served as surrogates and can earn up to $75,000 for their time.
All surrogates can use their base compensation however they please. A few common things women choose to spend their money on include:
- A down payment on a home
- Paying off student loans
- Anything else the surrogate wants to
The Importance of Earning Base Compensation
While surrogates can always choose to waive their right to payment and pursue altruistic surrogacy, our agency encourages every surrogate to take some compensation for their time and energy.
Codi, a surrogate through our agency, explains how she realized that compensation for serving as a gestational carrier was essential.
“When I started the process, I always thought, ‘I could probably do it without compensation like I just really want to do this,’” Codi said. “However, I think it’s important now that I’ve gone through it, to say it was very valuable. The compensation made it feel like I was valued in that sense.”
Do Surrogates Make Money That Helps Them Pay for Surrogacy?
While all surrogates who work with our agency always have the opportunity to earn base compensation, surrogates also will get reimbursed for their surrogacy expenses.
When you work with our agency, the following expenses are covered:
- Pregnancy costs
- Medical expenses
- Surrogacy and attorney fees
- Travel costs
- And more
You will never have to pay to become a surrogate when working with our agency.
Breaking Down How Much You Can Make as a Surrogate for a Family
Once you have decided to become a surrogate, you can reach out to our agency to start your exciting journey! The following is a brief rundown of how base compensation works:
- Once you match with a hopeful adoptive family, each surrogate party will sign the surrogacy contract, and you’ll start the surrogacy medical process. After a successful pregnancy is detected (around six weeks of pregnancy), you’ll begin receiving base compensation for your time.
- Our agency will help create an escrow account to ensure your base compensation payments are managed correctly and that the payment plan matches the terms agreed to in your surrogacy contract.
- All your payments are placed into the account in 10 equal amounts. You will receive your last payment after delivering the intended parents’ child.
The Other Life-Changing Benefits of Becoming a Surrogate
Of course, in addition to earning fair and competitive base compensation, surrogates also choose to help hopeful intended parents out of the goodness of their hearts.
The Selfless Act of Serving as a Surrogate
Becoming a surrogate is an incredibly kind act.
When you choose to take this journey, you’re changing countless lives for the better. And although surrogacy is filled with ups and downs, your surrogacy specialist and the surrogate party you work with will have your back.
Everyone wants to see you succeed and will ensure you remain happy, healthy, and supported on this empathetic path.
Learn More About Surrogacy Today
Now that you know the answer to the common question, “How much money do surrogates make,” you can reach out to a specialist at our agency today. We’re here to help you start this incredible journey and will ensure you’re taken care of every step of the way.