If you’re considering using surrogacy to grow your family, you or your partner may be working through infertility. We want you to know that you’re not alone, and we’re here to support you through whatever stage you’re at in your family-building journey.
Contact us today to connect with a surrogacy specialist who can refer you to a counselor specializing in infertility. With Infertility Awareness Month on the horizon, now is the perfect time to find a professional to help you work through your feelings.
Keep reading to learn about Infertility Awareness Month, how to honor it, and more.
What is Infertility Awareness Month?
June is Infertility Awareness Month. The month-long event was created to bring awareness to how common infertility is and to spotlight the treatments that can help solve some infertility issues.
We’re choosing to honor Infertility Awareness Month by detailing who is affected by it and how people overcome the condition.
Who Experiences Infertility?
According to the National Library of Medicine, 10% to 15% of couples in the United States experience infertility. Men and women experience infertility at the same rate (10%), and sometimes, a couple’s infertility challenges are because of a combination of several factors.
The following are a few other facts about infertility:
- A doctor can diagnose infertility when a couple cannot conceive after 12 months of regular, unprotected sex.
- A doctor can check men and women for infertility through a variety of tests.
- There are several infertility treatments men, and women can pursue.
Common Infertility Treatments
One of the important aspects of Infertility Awareness Month is ensuring people affected by this common condition know their options. One way to handle infertility is through treatment.
The following are just some of the effective infertility treatments people try:
- Infertility Medications: Certain medications can be prescribed to men and women to help resolve certain infertility issues.
- Infertility Surgeries: Men and women may undergo certain surgeries that can help repair internal infertility causes.
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies: Recently, IUI and IVF have become more common. These procedures can help couples overcome many infertility challenges and help them conceive.
Embracing Surrogacy After Infertility
One of the final aspects of acknowledging Infertility Awareness Month is working through your feelings on infertility and deciding your next steps.
Working Through Infertility Grief
Choosing when you’re ready to move from infertility treatments to another family-building option like surrogacy isn’t a simple decision.
You and your partner will experience several intense emotions during this time. You may even decide to work with an infertility counselor to help process your feelings.
Even if you decide not to continue your family-building journey this year, you can use this time to work through your grief and allow yourself time to heal.
If you and your partner determine that you’re ready to move on from infertility to another family-building option and choose to go forward with surrogacy, congratulations! Surrogacy is a wonderful choice, and it has helped many people become parents.
One of the benefits of working with American Surrogacy for your surrogacy journey is that our agency can provide the essential benefits needed to help you succeed.
The following are some of the most important benefits our agency can provide you:
- Surrogacy Screening: We’re dedicated to ensuring that hopeful intended parents and prospective surrogates are ready to start the surrogacy process. We do this by coordinating your psychological, medical, and physical screenings.
- Matchmaking: When you work with our agency, you can expect an average match time of 30 to 90 days. We maintain this by prescreening all hopeful intended parents and surrogates, providing in-house marketing, and keeping a 1:1 intended parent-to-surrogate ratio.
- Case Management: We will organize and manage your case so you can spend your time focusing on yourself and your surrogacy partner during your surrogacy journey.
- 24/7 Support: American Surrogacy will provide you with continuous support from licensed social workers from the beginning to the end of their journey.
- Financial Certainty and Transparency: Our agency offers a transparent fixed cost of $149,900 that covers our services, gestational carrier fees, and medical and legal costs. We also provide a Parent Protection Fee and will organize your journey’s variable fees.
Reach Out to Us Today
This June, we hope you can honor Infertility Awareness Month by caring for yourself. If you need extra support during this time, you can contact us anytime, and we’ll refer you to an infertility counselor who can help you process your emotions.