When you’re first beginning your surrogacy journey, one of the first things you’ll need to do is choose a surrogacy professional who can help guide you through the process. If you’re looking for a professional who provides comprehensive support throughout the entire process, you may want to look into working with a full-service surrogacy agency.
But how do you know if a surrogacy agency is right for you? The best agencies are happy to sit down with you to explain their services and answer any questions you may have. At American Surrogacy, we strive to make the process as smooth and simple as possible. And we happen to be experts in knowing how to find the best surrogacy agency to work with.
If you have any questions about finding the best surrogacy agencies, then contact us online now or call us at 1-800-875-2229 (BABY).
What to Look for in the Best Surrogacy Agencies
One of the best things you can do as you search for the best surrogacy agency is to think about what’s most important to you. As you keep in mind what you’re looking for, you’ll discover which professionals are right for you and which ones are not. As you research prospective surrogacy agencies, here are some things you should look for:
- Thorough screening process: When you enter into a surrogacy arrangement with a surrogate, you’re placing your trust in them and the professional you choose. Surrogacy can be a legally and emotionally complicated process and the best surrogacy agencies will make sure to fully screen all prospective surrogates to make sure they’re ready for the challenges of the surrogacy process.
- Track record of success: Surrogacy is still a new field, and some surrogacy agencies have been around longer than others. But it’s important to choose a professional who has done surrogacies successfully in the past. If a surrogacy professional can’t give you names of people they’ve helped before, it’s a sign that you should not work with them.
- Experienced legal counsel: Since surrogacy involves a lot of legal rules, it’s important to have a lawyer who can make sure everyone’s rights are protected. The best surrogacy agencies can recommend reliable and experienced lawyers who know about surrogacy laws. They’ll take care of all the legal requirements even before the medical process begins. If the agency doesn’t do this or insists that one lawyer can represent both sides, those are signs that you should be careful.
- Clear direction on responsibilities and steps in the process: If someone you’re working with doesn’t explain what each person needs to do, what to expect and the steps involved from the start, you should be cautious. Surrogacy requires the teamwork of different professionals, and the best surrogacy agencies have a well-organized process that keeps everyone safe and makes things go smoothly. If the person you’redealing with seems disorganized, it might be better to find a different professional to work with.
- Support and availability: While surrogacy agencies can have similar good qualities, people often choose based on how they “feel” about the agency. You’ll be working with them for a year or longer, so it’s important to feel comfortable, supported and appreciated by your surrogacy specialist. Find an agency where you have a connection, where you don’t feel like you’re just another person on their list.
How to Choose a Reputable Surrogacy Agency
Because of the amount of options out there, you’ll probably find agencies that share some of these qualities. So, how can you find the best one for you? When you come across a potential surrogacy agency, make sure to visit them in person or have a phone call, if at all possible. This is an opportunity to not only get to know them, but also for you to decide if you’re comfortable working with them.
Even if you find one of the best surrogacy agencies, it may not be the perfect fit for you and that’s OK. You’re the only one who can ultimately decide whether or not the professional is right for you. As you prepared to meet with an agency specialist, here are some questions you can ask to help you learn more about their agency:
- How long have you been in business?
- When are your requirements for intended parents?
- What are the expenses for intended parents?
- How involved is your agency during each step of the process?
- Which states do you work in?
- How does the matching process work?
- Do you offer support and education services?
- Are you a full-service agency? If not, what services will we need to obtain from another professional?
- On average, how long does the surrogacy process take with your agency?
While these questions are a great place to start, make sure to write down any additional questions you may have. You’re never obligated to choose a surrogacy professional until you’re 100% sure it’s the right one for you.
Why American Surrogacy is Right For You
As one of the best surrogacy agencies, we offer a wide range of benefits to help make your dreams of becoming parents a reality. Our dedicated team of specialists has helped thousands of hopeful parents on their path to parenthood and we’re ready to do the same for you. Here are some of the key benefits you’ll experience with our program:
- Short wait times when looking for the perfect match
- Sense of security from our experienced staff
- Financial protection
- Unlimited matching
- Clear upfront fixed fee structure
- Unwavering commitment to providing care and support
- And more
Your well-being is top priority and we’re committed to providing you with the utmost care throughout your surrogacy journey. With our full-service program and team of dedicated specialists, there’s no doubt that we’re one of the best surrogacy agencies in the nation.
Our specialists are always willing to answer any questions you may have about choosing a surrogacy professional. To learn more about our surrogacy program, contact us online now or call us at 1-800-875-2229 (BABY).