Social workers play a huge role in many different aspects of life. For those who build their family in a non-traditional way, social workers are the ones who ease them on their path and guide them through the complicated and emotional steps of adding to their family. Whether it’s through adoption or assisted reproduction, the help of social workers can be invaluable to those who have been dreaming of welcoming a child into their homes.
At American Surrogacy, we are so proud of the work that our amazing social workers do within our agency. Our team is headed by director Angie Newkirk, LBSW, who leads a group of social workers in daily activities aimed to make your surrogacy journey easier. We know how complicated surrogacy can be — for both intended parents and gestational carriers — and we are proud to be here to help in whatever way we can.
Our social workers are an implemental part of the surrogacy journey from start to finish. They work tirelessly day-in and day-out tackling the biggest responsibilities of managing a surrogacy journey:
- Answering questions and explaining the process to prospective surrogates and intended parents
- Screening intended parents and surrogates to make sure they are physically, mentally and emotionally ready for surrogacy
- Finding the perfect surrogacy matches for intended parents and surrogates based on their personal preferences
- Offering references for fertility clinics, gamete banks, surrogacy attorneys and other necessary professionals
- Mediating contact between gestational carriers and their intended parents
- Coordinating case details like medical coverage, insurance and other important details
- Providing emotional support and counseling from start to finish of the surrogacy process
- Advocating for intended parents and gestational carriers every step of the way
- Creating a hospital and birth plan with intended parents and gestational carriers
- Managing financial details such as surrogate compensation
- And more
It’s a lot of work, but our social work team loves what they do. More importantly, they love being a part of your surrogacy journey and helping your surrogacy dreams come true.
So, for this year’s National Social Work Month, we’re sending our thanks out to our tireless team of social workers who have helped many intended parents and gestational carriers reach their personal surrogacy dreams. Want to get to know our social workers better, or start your own surrogacy journey today? Don’t be afraid to reach out by calling 1-800-875-2229(BABY).