Although surrogacy wait times have increased in recent years, American Surrogacy has maintained our 30 to 120-day intended parent waiting period.
We’re proud that we’ve continued to help families grow quickly and safely by providing care and assistance throughout the surrogacy process for intended parents.
Continue reading to discover why surrogacy wait times exist and how American Surrogacy maintains its predictable intended parents’ surrogacy waiting period. But, you can contact us today if you think you’re ready to start talking to a surrogacy specialist about starting your gestational surrogacy journey.
Why Surrogacy Wait Times Exist
Waiting for anything you’re excited about is challenging. And waiting to start the surrogacy process – and successfully complete a surrogacy agreement – is no different. But, intended parents’ surrogacy wait times are necessary.
Generally, most surrogacy wait times are due to the surrogacy medical process.
The Gestational Surrogacy Medical Process
To better understand the overall length of the surrogacy process, let’s take a deeper look into the steps of the medical process.
Pre-Medical Process Steps
You and the surrogate will undergo thorough screenings to ensure you’re ready for surrogacy and can safely experience pregnancy again. These screenings take time but are routine, so don’t worry too much.
Common surrogacy screenings include:
Once these screenings are complete, you’ll match with a surrogate. Your surrogacy attorney will then help finalize a surrogacy contract.
Intended Parent Medical Steps
When you reach the medical portion of your gestational surrogacy with our agency, your surrogacy specialist will prepare you for the common medical steps all intended parents go through. Again, try not to stress too much about this process – you will receive support from your care team to ensure everything goes smoothly.
- Egg production stimulation: If you or your partner’s eggs are used, you’ll start to take medications to stimulate egg production. Once the fertility clinic determines its time, a minor egg retrieval process will happen.
- Fertilization: After eggs are retrieved from you (or your partner or a donor), they are fertilized using sperm from the intended father or sperm donor.
- Incubation: After fertilization, the embryos are incubated and assessed for development before being transferred to the gestational carrier.
- Pregnancy: After the transfer occurs, a clinic will confirm if there’s a pregnancy. You’ll continue to support the surrogate and share the pregnancy experience.
Surrogate Mother Steps
The gestational carrier naturally has a few more medical procedures to go through. This ensures she and the baby remain safe and healthy throughout the pregnancy.
- Fertility medications: These medications increase the chances of a successful embryo transfer.
- Embryo transfer: This quick and painless procedure requires a few days of rest post-appointment.
- Pregnancy confirmation: A fertility clinic will confirm a pregnancy a few weeks post-transfer.
- Prenatal care: This entails OBGYN appointments, medications, and routine procedures to ensure the pregnancy is progressing normally.
- Delivery: After the surrogate delivers your baby, you go home as a family to start your parenthood journey.
How We Reduce Surrogacy Wait Times
Although challenging global factors like the pandemic have caused the average intended parents’ surrogacy wait times to increase and the number of surrogates to decrease, our agency’s wait times have held steady.
Because American Surrogacy can provide all the surrogacy services you need in-house, you get to experience a shorter overall surrogacy wait time.
A few of those key services that support shorter wait times are:
1. Matching Services
In addition to having an extensive network of prospective surrogates who live across the United States, we also offer comprehensive matching services.
- Unlimited matching: We provide unlimited re-matching if you experience a surrogacy setback (like an unsuccessful pregnancy or surrogacy interruption). This allows you to restart your surrogacy journey quickly.
- Smaller surrogate-intended-parent ratios: Our agency has a 1:1 ratio of intended parents to gestational carriers.
- Pre-match surrogate screenings: All of our prospective surrogates are screened before becoming active. This allows us to present you with a trusted surrogate on day one.
- Match with someone who holds similar values: You will have the opportunity to match with a surrogate with all the qualities you admire.
- An extensive network of surrogates: Our surrogates live across the country. We attract many surrogates because of our resources, compensation rates, and more.
2. Surrogacy Resources
Our agency has multiple resources that help reduce surrogacy wait times, too.
These resources include:
- Nationwide marketing: Our advertising efforts reach surrogates throughout the country.
- Personal support: Because our agency provides support throughout the entire process, we can find and retain surrogates who are prepared and dedicated to the surrogacy journey.
- Professional references: Our agency partners with licensed and qualified legal counsel to ensure all aspects of your surrogacy journey are 100% legal and quickly executed.
Start Your Successful Surrogacy Journey Today
Contact us today to find out how we can make your surrogacy dreams a reality.